Born: June 16, 1998 – Manchester, England
Education: Current Postgraduate Researcher – University of Cambridge
Eugenie Carys de Silva (born June 16, 1998) became the world’s youngest person to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Intelligence Analysis with a 4.0 GPA (Summa Cum Laude) at the age of fourteen in May of 2013 She received her Bachelor’s from the American Military University. She then went on to earn her Master’s degree in Intelligence Studies with a concentration in Intelligence Analysis with a 4.0 GPA in May of 2014. Accordingly, she is also recognized as the world’s youngest to earn a Master’s degree in Intelligence Studies. At the age of thirteen, she began her graduate studies at the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education and recently graduated with her second Master’s degree: Master of Liberal Arts in Extension Studies with a concentration in Legal Studies. At the age of fifteen, Eugenie began her Ph.D. in Politics at the University of Leicester, England. As a result, she is also the UK’S Youngest Person to Read for a Ph.D. Academic Degree and is the World’s Youngest Student in the Department of Politics. Each of these records has been verified. Consequent to graduating from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education at sixteen years old, she was recognized as Harvard University’s youngest to graduate from any division, especially with a Master’s degree. In April of 2014, she was also named as one of the top thirty thinkers under thirty by the Pacific Standard Magazine. She just completed her MPhil in Education, Globalization, and International Development from the University of Cambridge, Faculty of Education.
Eugenie earned the Virginia State Award from the Johns Hopkins University at the age of seven.
She then began her high school studies at the age of nine and graduated at the age of eleven with a college preparatory high school diploma from the University of Missouri High School. At eleven years old, Eugenie began her undergraduate studies at the American Military University, and then began her graduate studies at Harvard University Division of Continuing Education when she was thirteen years old. At the age of fifteen, de Silva graduated with a Master’s degree in Intelligence Studies with a concentration in Intelligence Analysis from the American Military Univesity. For this Master’s degree, at fifteen, Eugenie developed a novel model for law enforcement and intelligence personnel to detect individual-level deception. Eugenie has already applied this model and proven its success in real-life situations. Eugenie graduated with her second Master’s degree from the Harvard University Division of Continuing Education at the age of sixteen. For this Master’s degree, Eugenie wrote a thesis titled, “An Analysis of Edward Snowden and His Actions.”
At fifteen years old, Eugenie began a Ph.D. in Politics (Intelligence Studies – Denial and Deception) at the University of Leicester, England (supervisor: Professor Mark Phythian). At eighteen years old, she began her 3rd graduate degree at the University of Cambridge where she just finished her MPhil in Education, Globalization, and International Development in the Faculty of Education. She’s a member of Churchill College where she has acted as the internal social secretary for the graduate students.
Eugenie has published two children’s books that were the part of a series titled, “The Adventures of Princess Eugenie.” Eugenie was the co-author of an educational textbook for college students titled “Multidisciplinary Research for College Students.” Her latest book, “National Security and Counterintelligence in the Era of Cyber Espionage,” was published in 2015.
Since the age of fifteen, Eugenie has had her own blog in which she provides analyses of on-going events that are specifically related to intelligence, security, and counter-terrorism.
Eugenie is the founder of the International Association of Child Prodigies (IACP), which provides gifted children with an accepting environment to pursue their goals regardless of adversity.
Eugenie was born in Manchester, England and was raised by her father. At the age of six, Eugenie taught herself to play the piano by ear. At thirteen years old, she was the assistant coach for an under-10 boys’ soccer team for the American Youth Soccer Organization.
Eugenie is also a student ambassador for the American Military University. She is a lifetime member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and the Golden Key International Honor Society. She also has presented and won eight first place awards for her oral presentations in psychology, history of science, physics and astronomy, behavioral sciences, psychology, computer science, and science and mathematics. At the age of sixteen, Eugenie was named the Luce Leader 2015 by the James Jay Dudley Luce Foundation. She was the internal social secretary for Churchill College, Cambridge University graduate students.
- Coughlan, Sean. “ ‘Youngest Ph.D Student’ 15 Years Old.” BBC News. Retrieved June 28, 2014. http://www.bbc.com/news/education-27923258
- “Youngest Person to Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Intelligence Analysis,” RecordSetter.Com, Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://recordsetter.com/world-record/youngest-person-graduate-bachelors-degree-intelligence-analysis/33465?autoplay=true
- “The 30 Top Thinkers Under 30: Eugenie De Silva, 15, Military Studies – Pacific Standard: The Science of Society” (in German). Retrieved 30/05/2014. http://www.psmag.com/navigation/politics-and-law/30-top-thinkers-30-aspiring-defense-secretary-wants-change-intelligence-community-76792/
- Jeewandara, Shaveen. “Harvard, Here Comes a Teen Prodigy.” Sunday Times. Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.sundaytimes.lk/130811/plus/harvard-here-comes-a-teen-prodigy-56871.html
- “Harrogate Teenager Sets World Record.” Middlesboro Daily News, Middlesboro, Kentucky, May 23, 2014. Retrieved on May 29, 2014.http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/news/local_features-news_education/4827338/Harrogate-teenager-sets-world-record
- Mosbergen, Dominique, “Eugenie de Silva, 14 Year Old College Graduate, To Start Master’s Level Coursework at Harvard.” Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12/eugenie-de-silva_n_3744704.html
- Veronica. “Eugenie de Silva, 15 Year Old Master’s Student.” Sweet High. Retrieved October 6, 2013. https://blog.sweetyhigh.com/girl-power/eugenie-de-silva-15-year-old-masters-student
- “On The Frontline.” 2012. American Military University Frontline. Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.amu.apus.edu/newsletter/archive/2012/08-2012-on-the-frontline.pdf
- “Student Spotlight.” 2013. American Military University Spotlight. Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.amu.apus.edu/newsletter/archive/2013/08-2013-on-the-frontline.pdf
- de Silva, Kathya. “Fourteen Year Old Sri Lankan Shines in US.” 2013. Sunday Observer. Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2013/06/16/fea12.asp
- Vanderborg, Carey. “Eugenie de Silva: 14 Year Old Graduates College, Begins Master’s Studies At Harvard.” International Business Times. . Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.ibtimes.com/eugenie-de-silva-14-year-old-girl-graduates-college-begins-masters-studies-harvard-video-1296497
- Dennis, Zach. “East Tennessee Teen Studying at Harvard Not Setting Any Limits.” Knoxville Sentinel News. Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/aug/25/east-tennessee-teen-studying-at-harvard-not-any/
- Landry, Laury. “14-Year-Old To Receive Her Master’s From Harvard.” BostInno News. Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2013/06/08/14-year-old-to-receive-her-masters-from-harvard-video/
- “14-Year-Old Graduates College, Begins Master’s At Harvard.” WSMV Nashville TN News. Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.wsmv.com/story/22530017/14-year-old-graduates-college-begins-masters-at-harvard
- Estrada, Lorena. “15 Year Old Attends Harvard.” Local Eight News. CBS. Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.local8now.com/news/headlines/15-year-old-attends-Harvard-University–221583611.html
- Pippin, Michael. “Prodigy Continues To Excel Academically[dead link].” Middlesboro Daily News. . Retrieved October 6, 2013. http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view/full_story/22786982/article-Prodigy-continues-to-excel-academically